delicateVIEWpoint(s) debuts the release of the live studio/radio broadcast sonic collaboration of David Leikam, Joe Straub, and Pamela Z from 2012 with additional mastering treatments in 2017.
- FIRST | delicateVIEWpoint 18:49
- ANOTHER | delicateVIEWpoint 17:10
- FINAL | delicateVIEWpoint 10:53
delicateVIEWpoint(s) is the follow-up from the 2010 David Leikam, Joe Straub aka LeiStra live improvised session album Discovery of Systems, recorded and mastered at Maybeck Studio in Berkeley, California.
- David Leikam is a San Francisco-based composer-performer and bandleader of the electro-jazz quintet DA5 and industrial jazz unit zBug. Being born with cerebral palsy has affected his body and speech, giving him a distinct view into his creative arts/music process and being largely a self-taught multi-instrumentalist.
- Joe Straub is a composer, musician and sound artist from Los Angeles, California. He creates music and sound for live performance, recorded media and various combinations of both. His work includes pieces for concert performance, installation, CD, web, animation and film. He works both as a solo artist and in collaboration with many other artists and projects. He is currently based in Berlin, Germany.
- Pamela Z is a composer/performer and media artist who works primarily with voice, live electronic processing, sampled sound, and video. A pioneer of live digital looping techniques, she processes her voice in real time to create dense, complex sonic layers. Her solo works combine experimental extended vocal techniques, operatic bel canto, found objects, text, and sampled concrète sounds. She uses MAX MSP and Isadora software on a MacBook Pro along with custom MIDI controllers that allow her to manipulate sound and image with physical gestures. Her performances range in scale from small concerts in galleries to large-scale multi-media works in theaters and concert halls. In addition to her performance work, she has a growing body of inter-media gallery works including multi-channel sound and video installations.