Above Photo: © 2015 Brian McMillen
$400 + expenses BOOK US NOW
zBug is the premiere industrial jazz unit based in San Francisco, CA that presents structured improvisational music sets, based on architecture.
- David Leikam — NS Design CR6 cello, Moog synthesizers, piano
- Sheila Bosco — drums, keyboard
- Timothy Orr — drums, percussion
- Sean Price — modular synthesizers, electro-beats
“The sacred geometry of zBug is no small thing. So enormous, in fact, that it’s invisible.”
— Tyran Grillo, AllAboutJazz
“… zBug sounds very similar to Lou Reed’s Metal Machine Trio!”
— John Baffa, Sound Engineer – CalArts/Lou Reed’s MM3: The Creation Of The Universe
- Splitting Glass/Twilight Sunrise [EP]
(David Leikam, Sheila Bosco, Fred Malouf)
ARTICLE: David Leikam/zBug’s Splitting Glass / Twilight Sunrise on AllAboutJazz
- The Wild Beast
(David Leikam, Zachary Morris, Sheila Bosco, Sean Price)
- Passings of A Window Sil
(David Leikam, Zachary Morris, Eric km Clark, Bill Leikam)
- 3, 2, 1 … Live!
(David Leikam, Zachary Morris, Sheila Bosco)
A Brief zBug History
- 2015/16: zBug quartet begins, Then4.
- 2014: Sean rejoined. Timothy Orr joined.
- 2011: Zachary and Sean left. Fred Malouf joined. zBug trio.
- 2010: Craig Latta left.
- 2009: Craig Latta and Sean Price joined. z_bug quintet/sextet.
- 2007: Sheila Bosco joined z_bug.
- 2006: David Leikam and Zachary Morris commenced z_bug with We Are Not Installing A Toilet Here.
Featured with zBug
- Clifford Brown III — trumpet
- Eric km Clark — violin
- Patrick Cress — saxophone
- Doug Ellington — trumpet
- Eddie Gale — trumpet
- Bill Leikam — voice
- Mark Pino — drums
- Rent Romus — saxophone
- Moe! Staiano — drums