On January 15, 2018: Eddie Gale & his Inner Peace Orchestra will be honoring the inspired teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. for a more United America and the World.
We are growing this season, the new website now features …
- MUSIC — Compositions, Discography
- VISUAL — Photographs, Videos
- EQUIPMENT — Endorsements
- PRESS — Articles / Reviews, Quotes
Looking forward to performing again with my sonic-compositional mentor from my arts/music studies at CalArts (BFA 2001, MFA 2006) and dear friend, Wadada Leo Smith in a quartet engagement in San Francisco, California, mid-December 2017.
Stay tuned for more details soon.
I will be performing with Rent Romus’ Life’s Blood Ensemble and Cardew Choir along with film by Michael Mersereau on 25 Saturday and 26 Sunday, March in Berkeley, California for the project Road to Aacheron based on H.P. Lovecraft.
Members Life’s Blood Ensemble
- Joshua Marshall — tenor saxophone
- Rent Romus — alto saxophone
- Mark Clifford — vibraphone
- Heikki Koskinen — e-trumpet
- Timothy Orr — drums, percussion
- Max Judelson — double bass
- Safa Shokrai — double bass
- Amber Lampert — oboe
- Erika Oba — flute
- CJ Borosque — percussion
- David Leikam — Moog synthesizer
Members of Cardew Choir
- Tom Bickley
- Bob Marsh
- Dean Santomieri
- Eric Theise
- Jaime Robles
- David Samas
Like 98% of U.S. citizens (including the President), I am the descendant of immigrants—my great-grandparents came to America from Russia and Lithuania as teenagers and worked in sweatshops until they were able to afford to bring the rest of their families over. Most everyone you speak to in this country has a similar story to tell, because we are, in fact, a nation of immigrants, bound together by a shared belief in justice, equality, and the freedom to pursue a better life. In this context, last week’s Executive Order barring immigrants and refugees from seven Middle Eastern countries from entering the United States is not simply immoral, it violates the very spirit and foundation of America. [more]
And so all day today (starting at 12:01am Pacific Time), for any purchase you make on Bandcamp, we will be donating 100% of our share of the proceeds to the American Civil Liberties Union, who are working tirelessly to combat these discriminatory and unconstitutional actions.
Bandcamp is a global community where millions of fans discover new music, and directly connect with and fairly compensate the artists who make it. Our mission is to provide all artists with a sustainable platform to distribute their music, while making it easy for fans to directly support the artists they love.
Will be with Eddie Gale this afternoon in San Jose and may sit-in on part of his Annual Concerts for Inner Peace in America and the World at First AME Zion Church, San Jose, California featuring …
- 12PM African American Journey Exhibit
- 1PM Special Sermon by Pastor Rev. Michael Henderson with First AME Zion Choir
- 2:30PM Inner Peace Orchestra Performance
- 4PM Meet and Greet, Open Discussion, Refreshments
Some music albums, in no particular order that influenced me at the beginning of my music journey, as a teenager (1983-1991) …
- Three of a Perfect Pair — King Crimson
- Uncle Meat — The Mothers of Invention
- Please — Pet Shop Boys
- Black Celebration — Depeche Mode
- The Head on the Door — The Cure
- Anthem of the Sun — Grateful Dead
- Hyæna — Siouxsie and the Banshees
- Monk’s Dream — Thelonious Monk
- The Velvet Underground & Nico — The Velvet Underground
- Script for a Jester’s Tear — Marillion
- Louder Than Love — Soundgarden
- The Hammer Party — Big Black
- The Story of a Young Heart — A Flock of Seagulls
- Love and Dancing — The Human League
- After Bathing at Baxter’s — Jefferson Airplane
- I-Feel-Like-I’m-Fixin’-to-Die — Country Joe and the Fish
- Rebel Yell — Billy Idol
- The Dream Academy — The Dream Academy
- Meddle — Pink Floyd
- Steady Diet of Nothing — Fugazi
- Mad River — Mad River
- Live at Ludlow Garage: 1970 — The Allman Brothers Band
- Eliminator — ZZ Top
- Hysteria — Def Leppard
- Appetite for Destruction — Guns N’ Roses
- Highway to Hell — AC/DC
- Frizzle Fry — Primus
- Dr. Feelgood — Mötley Crüe
- Buddy Holly — Buddy Holly
- Siamese Dream (1993)
- Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (1995)
- Adore (1998)
- Machina/The Machines of God (2000)
- Machina II/The Friends & Enemies of Modern Music (2000)
Also, working on album art for the next trio release featuring David Leikam, Joe Straub, and Pamela Z with the working title: delicateVIEWpoint(s).
Going to Burning Man 2017 in late August too.
In this month of December, I’ve been recovering and working on finding a new muse of sorts within my arts/music.
I’m composing/practicing regularly this month and my projects below are available for paid concert performances ahead.
- Solo — $100 + expenses | Being born with cerebral palsy has affected his body and speech, giving him a distinct view into his creative arts/music process and being largely a self-taught multi-instrumentalist.
- DA5 — $500 + expenses | Electro-jazz quintet inspired by the sonic landscapes of John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Eddie Gale, and Wadada Leo Smith.
- DaLu — $200 + expenses | An electronic techno-house duet project.
- zBug — $400 + expenses | Industrial jazz unit that presents structured improvisational music sets, based on architecture.